Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Blah

I talked to my mother in law for an hour last night. The good news is that I didn't stab myself in the eye with an icepick before the call was over. That woman drives me NUTS! She complains more than any person on the planet. No one has ever been nice to her in her whole life. Yes her mother is a bitch and her father is dying. Yes her husband is an asshole and she is morbidly obese. Yes two of her three children want very little if anything to do with her because she loves to guilt people and whines ALL the damn time. I know all this and MOST of it is her own fault!! She refuses to spend ANY time with my children to get back at me for not letting her be alone with them after she started undermining my parenting decisions and screaming at me in front of my children. And she bottles things up and then yells at me for not spending EVERY MINUTE in the kitchen during holidays while chasing me ( 9 months pregnant) to my car and screaming to my 3 year old that she LOVES him!!( oh and that other kid you have) Even though your mommy is being a YOU KNOW WHAT!! Yeah. That was 3 days before I gave birth to my daughter. I didn't call her when she was born. Then we spoke to maybe 3 times that whole next year. They lived one street away from us at the time. My husband says he does not care if we NEVER speak to her again. My now 5 year old (the one she LOVES) was visiting his uncle and cousin about 10 hours from where we live. MIL was there too and REFUSED to give him a ride back home. 20 minutes from where she was going THE SAME DAY. She made BOTH her sons drive 10 hours they didn't have to just because she is still trying to get back at us for being "mean to her" or something. While I was on the phone with her last night she was going ON and ON about how she felt bad for going to visit her dying father because no one would be as good as her to watch "the baby". Her other grandchild who she watches 4 days a week. While she won't even give my kid a freaking ride home she complains to my how she is missing "the baby" and she loves "the baby" and she would HATE for "the baby" to have to go to a crappy germ infested daycare. My sister in law hates that she even has to take her to my MIL but they have no money and my BIL insists on it. That is enough for now. I could go on for days but I need to catch up on LOST.

2 comments:

Swistle said...

The good news is that you didn't stab HER in the eye with an ice pick. Or wait--maybe that's not good news.

"Constance-1-M" said...

Oh. Dear. Lord.

Dramalot woman? Oye. I would have to move & change all phone numbers. I would have stabbed her long before that phone call!